• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Been an interesting week weather wise, hot, then hot and humid as all get out. Cooled off, then we got a downpour, and yesterday was in the mid 70's with a nice breeze. I had put off mowing the lawn, rider isn't right yet, and that downpour made the grass double in height overnight. The new mower is doing as best it can. Went through two and a half tanks of gas, and had to scrape the deck close to a dozen times, whatever green stuff is growing in my yard, it is full of water! That took me about four hours with a few stops for water, and later a couple of beers. The last cleaning of the deck, I found out I left a flap open for the bagger, put that back as closed as it gets. I hope that helps keep it cleaner for longer, we will see.

And I hate the damn rabbits making ankle breaking holes all over my yard. I should have shoved all the crap I scraped in this holes. I'll try to make a mental note of it for next week.

This last week has been a beast temperature wise. Even one 100° day with zero wind.

I did manage to get the electric fuel pump hooked up on the Dodge. Had to take the pump apart and clean it up to get it to work.
Then there was a issue with one of the field wires on the alternator. For some reason electric pumps don't work well without electricity.
A new air cleaner will also help. I didn't realize it had gotten so dirty.

We had a cool down lately, yesterday was 58, today was 68. Next week should warm back up. I washed the wife's Buick today, I need to do my truck also.

Went mini split shopping for the house. Made a trip to one of the local dog parks.
Then just pretty much took it easy.

The best investment we ever made was central a/c when we bought our house. The furnace was only about 8 years old, but we changed it out and added the a/c.
My brother in law has a boiler and added mini splits last year, he loves them. So much better then window units

Only mini split we could find locally was a Home Depot. My son doesn't like Samsung. We don't rely want to mess with propane on a 100# cylinder. If the tank was still here I would try firing the furnace up.

At this point going electric maybe the only option.

This week temperatures are supposed to be on the 80's.
Heating the house is still s month off.

Last week started off with kind of cool temps for September, 60's, 70's, and 80's to end the week.

I heard some squeaking and felt some vibration from my Colorado, I thought the rear u-joint I replaced last year was bad again. I had my son get one looked up, and I stopped and picked it up from the auto parts he works at. I pulled the driveshaft out and turns out it was the front joint. They were closed at this point so I got one from the Napa store. New joint later and vibration is gone for now.

Back