• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Besides working on old cars, I am an avid wood turner.

dosperros

Reaction score
I lost my Harley due to medical reasons. Now, I've turned my shop into a heated woodworking shop. Now I am either in the shop working on a project or in/under the truck getting it up to date. My family is constantly telling me to go slower. Sslower hell. I'm 72 years old and time is ticking away.

I lost my Harley due to medical reasons. Now, I've turned my shop into a heated woodworking shop. Now I am either in the shop working on a project or in/under the truck getting it up to date. My family is constantly telling me to go slower. Sslower hell. I'm 72 years old and time is ticking away.
That’s my plan, keep doing what I’m doing, till they carry me out. You’ve got 8 years on me, keep on keeping on and enjoy yourself! Take care!

I had lots of wood working tools several years ago but they've been replaced with metal working tools! Sawdust and cars don't mix too well in the same building plus the more wood working stuff I did, the more my wife at the time wanted me to do and I wanted to do more with car and machining stuff since I'm a machinist so I sold off the wood working machines lol and now the cars are not covered in sawdust anymore :D. And yup, got to keep movin! I'm 73 and know about what sitting still does.....

Just the opposite with me. I could not longer work on harleys due to temptation so I sold/gave away my Harley tools and replaced them with woodworking tools. Stayin busy.

You are quite welcome sir! When you love what you do, it ain’t work. I’ve been a lucky man, doing what I do for 44 years, and loving every minute of it. Before I moved here, 8 years ago, this coming November, everyone was asking, are you going to retire? Heck no, I’m starting the business again. What am I going to do, sit around, travel, get a part time job so I don’t get bored? Just doing what I love, and enjoying myself, working everyday, on the job. I truly hope I’m still able to do this when I’m yours and Cranky 1’s age.

Back