• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

91 Dodge W250

Reaction score
I have a 91 Dodge W250 that even though it has the 5.9 Cummins like so many others there seem to be no goodies available. I have even been told I could get a winch bumper for a 90 or 92, but not my 91. This even confused the dealer. What gives? Why are their no parts available for this truck?

I've been doing 72 - 93 Dodge truck's for a while now and you should be able to swap pritty much any body parts from 81 to 93 to your 91 . Who is it thats telling you that a bumper from a 90 or a 92 wount fit your 91 ? That's a new one on me !

It was the manufacturer of the bumper. I can not remember who now. I can not even get replies to my questions from Banks or Bully dog. I just want more towing power without blowing black smoke.

I realize this thread is very old but there is plenty of power to be had in a VE without bad smoke. I tow 7000 lbs all the time with mine and it only smokes when I want it to mainly because someone is tailgating me. :)

The 1991 Dodge W250 might have fewer aftermarket parts available because it falls between model years when manufacturers updated designs. Parts from 1990 or 1992 might not fit perfectly on a 1991 due to slight changes in design or fitment.

You can try looking for parts specifically made for the 1991 model year or see if parts for similar models (like the 1990 or 1992) can be modified to fit. Checking with specialty shops or forums dedicated to Dodge trucks might also help you find parts or solutions.

Back