• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

46 RH/NP203

cyclesick

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I got a couple questions for the forum. Has anyone tried to mate an A518 to an NP203? If so, what were the obstacles, and how did you get around them? Also, do the input and output shafts both have the same 23 spline count? Tia. Charlie

It may be able to mount a NP203 to a 518 by drilling and tapping the 6-bolt round pattern into the face of the 203. I know this has been done to mount the 203 to a NV4500

It may be able to mount a NP203 to a 518 by drilling and tapping the 6-bolt round pattern into the face of the 203. I know this has been done to mount the 203 to a NV4500
Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry it took me so long to respond. Ah, you know, crap going on, blah, blah, blah… Well, you don't need to be bored. Anyway… I know about the drilling and tapping on the 4500's and, that's also being considered for my build. But, the 4500's are approaching the cost prohibitive range very quickly. As much as I'd really prefer to have the low 1rst gear of the 4500, I was thinking I could achieve the same relative OD, (which is the real goal), with the 518 for a few $ less. I figured if the same 203 that's mounted to a 727 can be swapped to a 4500, it seems it would also be possible to swap it to a 518. I was hoping there was someone on the forum that might have done it. But, I am happy to get any and all opinions offered.

Did you do a google search? I saw a few different guy's ask the same question on some other forums

Did you do a google search? I saw a few different guy's ask the same question on some other forums
Yeah, I've been searching all over the net for about 6 months now. Found a lot of info on the 4500/203 combo. Even a couple of people that listed detailed descriptions of how they got around all the obstacles. Nothing yet on the 518/203 combo. I think most people that do this swap want the 4500 for the low granny and the OD. Ya' know, the best of both worlds. I'd like the granny but, I'm more interested in the OD and, the 518 is a little more cost attainable.

Back