• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

2007 Ford F150 Won’t Turn Over

aemerson

Reaction score
My boyfriend has a 2007 For F150. It was gifted to him and had been sitting for about a year. The first issue was that the fuel gauge didn’t work so it was difficult to know when it was on empty. Then my boyfriend found some wires in the glove compartment and realized they went to the 3rd brake light. He decided to change it out because the 3rd brake light was not working. Once he began changing it he realized the connectors were different. The old wiring had 3 wires and the new wiring only had 2. Instead of leaving it alone he ended up omitting one wire. The light still never worked. 2 or 3 days later he went over some railroad tracks and the truck just stopped driving. Then it would not start. We were told to spray a small amount of ignition fuel into the intake and if it starts it is the fuel pump. It did start so he replaced the fuel pump, fuel module, inertia switch, battery, gas line, fuses, and checked all of the wiring. We have taken it to 2 different shops. One tested it and said the fuel pump was bad so that got replaced again. Still won’t start. The second shop can’t figure it out either. I asked him if he told them about the 3rd brake light wiring issue and he doesn’t seem to think it matters. I feel like it matters. Can the wiring on the 3rd brake light cause the truck to not start? I read a few things online stating it will cause the computer to think the brakes are engaged. Please help!

See nothing about checking the starter relay or the starter itself or is the starter not the problem? Brakes will not keep it from starting. If the railroad crossing was really ruff and he didn't slow down for it the truck may think it was in an accident shutting the fuel system down. Check the owner's manual and see if it tells how to reset it. It's not likely the fuel pump was even a problem. Check the inertia switch.

There's a fuel pump control module on top of one of the rear cross members, I think the one that supports the spare tire. It's made of aluminum,
(Housing) Bolted to a steel frame, and especially if in a wet area or someplace that likes salt on the roads in winter it'll corrode its way apart, and the thing won't run
I've replaced a ton of those at work. I'm a fleet mechanic for a miserable state that loves Ford's
(More reason I drive a Dodge)

There's a fuel pump control module on top of one of the rear cross members, I think the one that supports the spare tire. It's made of aluminum,
(Housing) Bolted to a steel frame, and especially if in a wet area or someplace that likes salt on the roads in winter it'll corrode its way apart, and the thing won't run
I've replaced a ton of those at work. I'm a fleet mechanic for a miserable state that loves Ford's
(More reason I drive a Dodge)
^^^^^^^^^ this!! Had almost the same thing happen on a co-workers 08 F150 the module which is a little hidden was corroded very badly, and the truck it was in was babied , it's woth a look!

From her post, he replaced all the usual suspects, but didn't say if he checked for power and ground at the pump. He checked the wiring, but he still needs to check power and ground and work back from there. I have seen lots of these trucks, and as others have said the fuel pump module is usually a issue, she said he changed it though. Hard to imagine two different shops couldn't figure it out

Ok I just noticed the title says "won't turn over"
Something that has always driven me nuts is that statement.
When you hit the key does it go wuh wuh wuh and the fan and pulleys spin? If so than it DOES "turn over".
That's all that "turning over" means.
It has NOTHING to do with whether the engine fires or runs or tries to run.
So many people associate "turning over" with firing and running. But lots needs to happen before it can fire and run. Including"turning over".

The wiring issue with the 3rd brake light might be affecting the truck. Here are some things to consider:

Brake Light Wiring – Incorrect wiring or missing wires can cause problems with the truck’s electrical system. If the computer thinks the brakes are engaged, it could affect starting.

Check Connections – Make sure all wiring, especially for the brake light, is correctly connected. Sometimes issues with one part of the electrical system can affect other systems.

Error Codes – Have the truck scanned for error codes. The codes might give clues about why the truck won’t start.

Electrical System – Since the truck had been sitting for a while, there might be other electrical issues. Ensure all connections and components are in good condition.

It’s worth mentioning the wiring issue to the shops and having them check if it’s affecting the truck’s ability to start.

Back