• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

2001 Ram 2500 Right rear wheel brake locking up?

Auggie56

Reaction score
I was driving I75 at seventy took my exit and upon breaking the right rear brake locked up, she veered wildly off the road. I struck a post and destroyed the left quarter of the bed. No injury no other damage.

Before this accident, I replaced the three lines off the brake skid control. Replaced all steel fluid lines on the frame and rear axle, both rear flexible lines. I noticed no oil leak on any brake assembly. We took it on vacation pulling a twenty-seven-foot trailer, almost three thousand miles. Not one problem with the brakes.

Since the accident, I reinspected my work for leaks and things I didn't service. The right rear was very touchy so replace both rear calipers. Still, the right side locks up. A problem with the rear brakes? I'm not seeing it.

BTW: I picked up a so-so condition bed in Bay City Michigan for twelve hundred bucks. She's almost ready to hit a hundred grand on the odometer, otherwise in good condition.

DSCF4934.JPG

Back