• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

When was the first year for volt/vacuum gauges in Adventurers?

Demonic

Reaction score
I've been looking for a bezel for my 75 SE D100. It has the earlier woodgrain, the burlwood style. I'm wondering if I will find a bezel in the matching style for my volt/vacuum gauges. Anyone know?

I've been looking for a bezel for my 75 SE D100. It has the earlier woodgrain, the burlwood style. I'm wondering if I will find a bezel in the matching style for my volt/vacuum gauges. Anyone know?
Not sure but my 79 D300 Adventurer SE didn't have either one with the burl dash. Had a lot of other cool stuff in it though....

I have not seen any in the 72-74 dash, and not sure how they'd fit. The 75-80 dash has a provision for them on the left side. The earliest that I have seen in a factory installed option is 77. After 30+ years of driving, collecting and parting these trucks out I have only seen a 3 or 4 of 100-350 sized pickups with a verified factory vacuum/volt gauge option. All of those have been at car shows with original the owner/original family. However... Not a very popular option in the light line at, so probably available starting in 75. Most often they were optioned in the trucks in the medium line (600 series and larger) more often.

I have managed to hoard 2 1/2 sets over the many years. Just waiting for projects to begin.

I don't know if they were factory but the dash cluster style and size is the same, they do make the burl side pieces with cut outs for the gauges, my son has them in his 80, it didn't come that way, it had the ugly silver one from factory but as he went through modifications to the truck he put the burl dash in, he used a tach on one side and I think a clock on the other. So no reason you can't make it the way you want.

Back