• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Map light on a 93 D series.

Demonram

Reaction score
I’ve got a D150, I’m going to add the map light above the gauges. Of course it’s not wired for it so, I thought, I’ll wire it in, no problem. Here’s the goofy thing, I wired the new glove box light and it on the same circuit, as shown in my factory manual. The glovebox light works fine, the map light, will work, direct off the battery with the switch. My test light works with the switch, when I touch both contacts for the bulb, when wired to the truck. I’ve tried 3 bulbs, I know are good, they will not light. Ground is good, power is there. I remember back in the day wiring a Lincoln dome/reading light assembly in a couple trucks. The switch actually gave it ground. Please tell me what I’m missing here. Thanks in advance!

Got to be either juice or ground. I think my 82-map light has a plastic housing. Check for grounding.

Thanks you sir. I figured it out, the pink lead was actually for the map light, the yellow is for the door jamb. It’s all wired up along with the glove box light. Next, the cargo/brake light. Take care.

Back