• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Ciao from Apache Junction AZ

devildog80

Reaction score
Just another old fart, putzing with my '81 Jeep CJ5 & '84 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, and various projects one of my grand sons wants to drag home :)
Married to my wonderful wife Rene of 21 years now, in our year around home in AZ, me retired but thinking of getting a part time job again for Jeep money. Wife had a double brain aneurysm in 2010, so blessed with every day she wakes with the sun on her face, and here to complain about it!

Here are a few, and Wagoneer is for sale :)

IMG_20220410_130806259_HDR.jpg

20220410_134527.jpg

20240301_185457.jpg

20231004_110917.jpg

20231210_120800.jpg

IMG_9409.jpg

Last pic above is friends 1980 CJ7, he swapped out the 258 I6 for a 360, and made front fenders to "clam shell" for access. Simple piano hinge on the back, and OEM mounting bolts on front to grill. Super nice for access, but you do need to reroute wiring, etc, along frame to front grill, or back to firewall.

I like Apache Junction. We’ve done quite a bit of work there. I hope you’re no where near the fire! We’re working in Gold Canyon and the smoke is very visible.

We have the base of Superstition Mountains about 4 miles east of us, have been watching the fire since it started about Tuesday at 1 pm. Wife & I were sitting on our back patio having a smoke break which we do about every hour, and saw the smoke start way up near the top on the east side of the peak. First we noticed it, so could have started a bit earlier, but that is when we first noticed it. Now with strong breezes the last couple days, is over 15,000 acres and has had Gold Canyon on its toes in Ready mode for evacuation, but since called off. Terrain just too rough getting any crews out there to really fight any of it, so letting it burn itself out, in Tonto National Forest areas. They are doing helicopter water drops at times, but more fires nearby closer to housing areas like Scottsdale, so more efforts in those areas to protect property. 0% containment still, and expecting some rain starting Sunday, so hope that will help. Suspect human caused, but nothing definitive there either, as investigation is ongoing at this point.
So, as we are right in town, no threat here at all.

We have the base of Superstition Mountains about 4 miles east of us, have been watching the fire since it started about Tuesday at 1 pm. Wife & I were sitting on our back patio having a smoke break which we do about every hour, and saw the smoke start way up near the top on the east side of the peak. First we noticed it, so could have started a bit earlier, but that is when we first noticed it. Now with strong breezes the last couple days, is over 15,000 acres and has had Gold Canyon on its toes in Ready mode for evacuation, but since called off. Terrain just too rough getting any crews out there to really fight any of it, so letting it burn itself out, in Tonto National Forest areas. They are doing helicopter water drops at times, but more fires nearby closer to housing areas like Scottsdale, so more efforts in those areas to protect property. 0% containment still, and expecting some rain starting Sunday, so hope that will help. Suspect human caused, but nothing definitive there either, as investigation is ongoing at this point.
So, as we are right in town, no threat here at all.
While we were in Gold Canyon, Friday morning, we could see a smoke towards the top on the west side. We haven’t seen any choppers or planes, coming in from our side. Hopefully if we get the rain we’re expecting, it will help the cause. That’s over 23 sq. miles, it spreads fast here. Take care and stay safe.

Back