• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

5.7 hemi into a 1964 D100 Utiline

allencf

Reaction score
Looking for install info for putting a 2004 Rumble Bee 5.7 hemi & transmission into a 1964 Dodge D100 Utiline…is it possible with the solid straight front axle?

IMG_6381.jpeg

Well in short I think anything is possible and because the frame rails are straight not hour glass like the older years I would say there would be ample room, the straight axle probably wouldn't cause any issue, I did a small block swap on my 56 Dodge truck when it had the straight axle still and it fit BUT the question you need to ask your self is if you would be happy with the straight axle front end, I wasn't and after thinking about all the bouncing around, I switched gears and used a later model Dodge truck frame so I had the independent front suspension. With a almost 400 hp hemi under the hood do you really want the crappy handling your going to get with the straight axle? From the photo your frame looks nice but it's not too late to switch. Just my two cents.

You are probably right..have a friend who used a Mustang Fatman front suspension in a 53 GMC truck.. seems to be happy with it .. do you have experience or recommendations

Not with the Mustang IFS but I did graft a Volare front clip on my OEM 56 frame BEFORE I switched to the later frame but I just wasn't happy with the results and honestly it's a lot of work then the back end isn't right, I bought lowering shackles and spring hangers off Amazon which you can get for the 80's frames then I didn't have to flip the axle to get the ride height I wanted. Trust me I went your way first because I thought it was more traditional against the advice of many and in the end I switched and happy with my results.

Back